Mar 6, 2011

Oops..Fancy Don Get Belle

So today I decided to not be so serious and think about a funny incident that happened to me. There was this girl in my school who I kinda fancied.I'll call her Fancy..lol. 
So I and Fancy had met in a class we took together. We got talking, I got to helping her with stuff and from time to time, we went out to do any random stuff together. Just on a friendship levels. You see, she knew well enough that I was feeling her the whole time, I minced  no words about that. She just 'wasn't ready'. So I stopped going around with her for the time being, but we definitely kept in touch, and on the occasional weekend, she'll pay me a visit. I was hoping that eventually she would be ready, but I didnt push it cos I wasnt in too much of a hurry either. 
I believe its not even necessary to mention that she was both beautiful and smart. I naturally could never be attracted to a dumb broad so that much was a given. She also had a depth about her, and an air of level headedness. She was no innocent, she had told me all about her past as I had told her mine. Both of us knew we had both done stuff. She seemed like the perfect person for me, when she was ready of course. 
One semester though, Fancy left school just after midterms and didnt come back for a week. I asked her what was wrong, and she said she was sick with stomach flu. If this is your first time hearing of such a thing as stomach flu, dont be alarmed, it was my first time too. It painted a picture in my head of something green and slimy swirling around in ur belly. Turns out that in Fancy's case, I wasnt too far from the truth, only that this virus was red and slimy, not green. Fancy didnt come back to school that semester. The next semester when she came back, she was rocking nwa obele pot belly. Ah...Fancy don carry belle oh. 
After a few more weeks of school, her flu was a full blown, pouchy cheeked, fat legged case of maternity-syndrome. Stomach flu turned out to be a new tenant in her tummy. 
I stopped speaking to her after that, and only gave her a cordial "hello" when we walked past each other in school. As far as I was concerned, Fancy was gone. I do not take joy in being any woman's male best friend or stuff like that, unless of course we started out as friends in the first place. So now, am saving up so that when she has the baby shower, I will shower the baby with some flu medication. Just to make sure a part 2 doesnt happen. Peace n Love. :DD

No comments:

Post a Comment