Jan 31, 2011

Im writing a book

Hey world,
I just began a new project that attempts to tell the story of the Nigerian political environment through the life of one man. Yaay!! A book. 
I've been told that I do write well, and on the rare occasion, I actually believe it. So now am going to put all that gift into what will hopefully be a great book. I am trying not to over analyse my intentions in telling this story, because I know sometimes my ideologies get me all impassioned and get in the way of the tale I want to share. So Im going to just write as my mind speaks, and think about it later. Im still thinking of a solid name, and Ive begun a bunch of scribblings. Please you great writers of blogsville, like mynewhitman @verastic, @egodujour and @niceanon to name a few, help out here. Give a brother a few rules of thumb for fiction writing. This one has gone beyond essay, which is where my comfort zone is. Now, this is a real story, that should draw in the reader, and engage them and force them to think while providing them pleasure at one time. Im more than a little scared *shivers*. 
Anyways, I believe I can do it. I have no doubt about that. I also dont have any doubt that if I do not ask for help when I should, to the right people, then no matter how high my confidence is, I will do a bad job. And that will mean that I may NEVER pick up a pen again. *shivers once more* (rubs goosebumps). Please, I can't not write. I would go mad. Which means, I cant mess this project up. Which means I need some help. Which means I need yall. Thanks as you come. :D

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. It's like five years of not being in Nigeria has finally made me out-dated for this to be news to me. The change is amazing. Great blog!



    --
    call Nigeria

    ReplyDelete