Nov 22, 2010

Why Naija Babes Gotta Be So Serious All the Time??

Lol I actually dont mean all Naija babes, or even majority of them. From my experience, naija babes are fun loving enough..so the actions Im about to recount dont apply to them. I just used the generalisation for a lil emphasis.
Anyhow, a girl am close to just ostracised me. Yea, no talking, no dealing with me until further notice. Am now public enemy number one. And what was my sin? Oh, I had the audacity to put the lyrics of a love song on my status. Lemme expantiate...
My stat was simple.. "I saw her an angel, with the dust of stars in her eyes". It was a song. That I loved. Nothing more to it. I didnt see an angel. Im not looking for one. But I digress. So one girl commented that the stat was so sweet, and how did she lose a man like me. The girl is a close friend, but we're not romantically involved, just flirting here and there. so i regarded it as the harmless normal thing and told her sure, I was still here and still loved her.
Another close friend was like..anh, she knows the status is about her, and I was like yea, but I will make a new one specially for her. You know, all in the fun of the status and stuff.
Then the girl that I started this story with, the 'ostracist' lol, read the comments and hit me up asking why I was making statuses about other people, and flirting with them and all that while she was there for me. Now, said girl is not my girlfriend, we had been UNOFFICIALLY involved but that was a while back and from my understanding she had a budding relationship with some other guy. So to me, she was just joking too and I was like sure, that I was finding new love and all. And she was going on and on about the kind of person I was, that I knew fully well that I was special to her and all that. At a point I was like, this is still jokes right? i mean you're not really serious are you..just to be sure. And that was when she was inflamed, ordered me to stop talkin to her and hung up. Then she didnt pick my call and later on when we met she seriously did not talk to me. At which point, I was like "whoaaa". I explained that this was a simply lyric but she was either a very good actress or she was really pissed cos she said something: "it would have been okay with any other girl if it wasnt an akata:" referring to the girl that said the stat was about her. At which point I was like, why am I going through this..its all jokes. She walked out without still talking to me. Later on she texted that I should follow akata girls. I can swear on heavens blood that this girl is not my girlfriend, we had something at some point but ther was no indication from her end that it meant more. So now am like...what did I do??
Lesson learned: nothing is ever really, unserious with a babe. Whether you guys are official or not. And till now, I think this is all funny. Except that she still aint talkin to me...can you bliv that?

No comments:

Post a Comment