Jan 6, 2011

New Year Thoughts

I remember around this time, every year, when I would be like, "where did the year go?". Not this time. I was perfectly aware of the passage of 2010. Mostly because I was earnestly waiting on 2011. And when it came in, it came in with a bang.
But now that the festivities are over, I can come quietly to my blog once more and think with my fingers. What do i want out of this year? 
I particularly dislike the assumption most people make about how one single day is d first day of the rest of ur life, every day is d first day bcos today will become yesterday, and then tomorrow will become today. I prefer to bliv that new year is a time to take stock--of the previous year.
However, there is one thing I do believe is a worthwile thing to do. Make a list of the 10 things you want to achieve this year. It may be as simple as, I wanna get a new girlfriend/boyfriend or as complex as I want to learn a new language. Or as basic as, I want to go to Vegas, or make an A in astrophysics *insert evil grin*

All I believe is that if u make that list, and believe it in faith and do what you can to achieve it, you may not get all, but you'll have a lot of testimonies. Take it from someone who did the same in 2010. Have a wonderful 2011...may the best years be the ones ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment