Sep 28, 2010

Senator Me!!

Lol, its not really much of a big deal given that Im not a stranger to office, at least in high school.

But I was recently elected senator of our SGA. Unlike a normal class senator, I have the privilege of being in the senatorial committe that represents the whole student body. The legislative arm of the Student Government Association, so to speak. And there are 12 of us in that category, out of a 4000 contestant pool.
I guess this is where I shuld insert that it is valuable knowing someone. I got special exposure partly bcos of my own merit, and partly bcos the Senator-at-large for the SGA is a friend. And one who respects me as much as I do him. So I guess in this life, merit is only one partof the picture.

Anyway, this is at once a good and bad thing, tho more good than bad. I do have more stuff on my schedule :( and there is an increased demand on me to always be on  point. (cue: less sagging). I hope I can make it worthwile. But like every other thing, I will give it my best shot. After all, I have reelection to consider. Lol, acting like some Washington pal. Yall have the best times..:D luv

No comments:

Post a Comment