Aug 2, 2010

Deeper Lyf

Wooow, it feels good to be back to NY. Missed these yellow taxis with all their craziness.
And my ever disarrayed bedroom.

Now lemme devote this next two weeks to self indulgent fun. I deserve it.

I went to church yesterday after a long eight month absence. It was my friend who dragged me to Deeper Life. SMH, i had to dwell on the positives, right till end of the 5hr service, and yall know its never gud when a brother begins to encourage himself to count his blessings in order to endure the boredomity of church.

Like, to avoid lookin at the pastor's face (which was stuck in a natural grimace) i admired the lead chorister. Until she started singing...and her voice was more painful than a siren. I had to close my eyes(and ears) and pretend to be in the spirit. U dont even want to hear about the preaching. Lets just say I've never been happier to share the grace as I was when service ended. My faith had taken a serious hit.

Lesson: never accept an invitation to a church unless the invitor plays a footage of their service. I can hear someone ask, churches are being interviewed now? Hell yea! If its not mine, ur damn sure Im going to ask for footage. If ur church doesnt have recordings of their service, then its already told me all i need to know. I can spend that time drinking smirnoff in my lovable bed.

Peace out people. Im going to have my fun. Adios!!

1 comment:

  1. lol i have been to churches like that before, choristers who sound like cats being strangled but then i had to remind myself that i am not a worker in the house of God and therefore should appreciate people that are making the effort....blah blah and now i am actually considering becoming a chorister........with my mediocre voice i am sure i wont be turned down lol

    ReplyDelete