Aug 20, 2010

Semester, School and Soccer



So Im back in school but the last thing on my mind is books. Instead, am all excited about the new EPL season and the excitement of a new soccer fest. As a diehard Arsenal fan, I like to think that we're in contention for the title this season, and as far as the unpredictable factors in soccer go, we just might be. I mean, watch Chamakh, or Fab, or Van P and tell me that nowhere in ur heart do u find the potential of lifting the cup in those boys (okay, there I go again with it). In al honesty, as someone who blivs in rational conclusions...Arsenal prolly wont win it. We just might see a returning Man U or a marauding Chelsea lift the trophy again this season. Still, Gunners all the way! Its amazing the kind of soccer these boys play cos if it was any other team, the title drought would have driven me away. But I watch them, and watch other teams, and I cant help but stay an Arsenal fan. Gunners 4 Life!!

But come on tho, the main gist is whassup with Thierry Henry's MLS move?! I saw posters of him in NY, making him out kinda like they did Lebby J when NY Knicks wanted him: like hes some kind of savior of the sport and shit. Im a Henry fan, courtesy of Arsenal,and I gotta give him his props, he got some awesome talent. But Henry now is not Henry of EPL and he prolly wont set evrywhere ablze like he used to. I cant get over the feeling that MLS is becoming like an overpaid retirement destination for European players. Beckham took them for a joy ride and dint even play with convinction. Angel was better, cos at least he was banging in goals evry now and then. Now, Henry.

I wish he delivers, for his own reputations sake. But sometimes it seems MLS makes these European players lazy. Like, they know they're there just to make the league look good. I hear Lampard wants to transfer to MLS at some point, and Ronaldinho is curious. Anyhow sha, if they think the leauge is so easy cos they're super stars, they may be in trouble. MLS has a lot of yung players, so these old birds better keep up. Still, I appreciate Igwe in NY, no matter what. I will go see at least one game of theirs. Ive been dreaming of going to Europe to watch real soccer stars, but maybe, the soccer stars want to come to me. Who am I to refuse??

NB: as it is im sitting in my Computer Technology class. I hope this Indian man with his muddled accent doesnt catch me blogging in class. Im outta here. Peace

2 comments:

  1. Arsenal will suck now, tomorrow and forever more... GBAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe...same to Man u. chelsea is going to win anyway

    ReplyDelete