Aug 14, 2010

Mango-eater





I remember back home in Nigeria, there used to be mangoes at every market, every street corner, and with evrey fruit vendor ready to be bought for almost nothing. And I never touched them. They looked dirty, and had this smell that I just wasnt digging.
Fast forward a year later, and here I am. Ive been eating mangoes everyday for the past 2 weeks, for breakfast, and loving it!! I never knew the juicy, lovely, yummy goodness those fruits have inside them.
i love slicing it with a knife and eating it 'neatly' but sometimes I just stuff the thing in my mouth and devour it viciously. Its a burst of mango gooey flesh that gives me a fructose rush, making me chew on the seed to extract the last bit of sweetness from it. Ahhhhh!! Sweet!

So is it a surprise that now Im feeling sad cos mango goes out of season soon, not to come back till spring and summer next year. whats a man to do now?

Man, i'll miss these fruits!

No comments:

Post a Comment